Themes in Indian History part 3 is part of the same series and a sequel to part 1 and 2. It is designed for students of class 12 and follows the syllabus laid out by the National Council of Education Research and Training. The book in written in a lucid language and the usage of graphical illustrations help in getting a better idea and grasping of the topics. This paperback book consists of 432 pages and is the latest 2014 updated edition containing all the syllabus updates and changes. Topics covered in this Book:
• Colonialism and the Countryside – Exploring Official Archives
• Rebels and the Raj – The Revolt of 1857 and its Representations
• Colonial Cities – Urbanisation, Planning and Architecture
• Mahatma Gandhi and the Nationalist Movement – Civil Disobedience and Beyond
• Understanding Partition – Politics, Memories, Experiences
• Framing the Constitution – The Beginning of a New Era
Salient Features of this Book:
• Practice questions, essays, map work, and projects at the end of each chapter ensure a full understanding of the concept thoroughly.
• Photographs of Historic events let the students have a glimpse into the life of the past generations.
• It contains realistic narrations of real-life incidents that have been recorded by the researcher.