Published by the NCERT, this Social Change and Development in India Textbook will be an ideal apparatus for the students of class 12 to learn sociology. The book maintains strict parity with the syllabus and the guidelines laid out by the CBSE. The enriched content will not only help the students to score good marks in their board examination but will also help them learn the basics of Sociology.
Topics Covered in this Textbook:
• Structural Change
• Cultural Change
• The Story of Indian Democracy
• Change and Development in Rural Society
• Change and Development in Industrial Society
• Globalisation and Social Change
• Mass Media and Communications
• Social Movements
Salient Features of the Textbook:
• It comes in lucid language so that students find it easy to memorise and learn by heart.
• Interactive exercises at the end of each chapter will let the students enrich their knowledge base.
• The book introduces the students to the gradual change of the Indian society.
• The enriched content will help the students to learn the elementary concepts of Sociology.
• Glossary section contains the simplification of the tough expression used in the text.