This 7th edition of Practical Work in Geography Part – 1 has been published by the National Council of Education Research and Training. It will be an ideal tool for the students of class 11 to learn the intricacies of Geography. It has been enriched with content that is written in lucid language so that the students can have a firm idea about the basic concepts of Geography. It also adheres to the latest syllabus and guidelines that have been set by the CBSE.
Topics Covered in the Textbook:
• Introduction to Maps
• Map Scale
• Latitude, Longitude and Time
• Map Projections
• Topographical Maps
• Introduction To Aerial Photographs
• Introduction To Remote Sensing 84
• Weather Instruments, Maps and Charts 107
Salient Features of the Textbook
• It comes with clearly labelled diagrams that help the students learn about the different geographical phenomenon.
• Realistic photographs and detailed illustrations let the students have an insight into the real world situation.
• It comes with exercises that let the students have a chance at trying their hands at practicing the things that they just learned.
• It lets the students grasp elementary ideas easily, owing to the use of graphical and schematic data representation in this textbook.